Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Monitoring Apps Failed with error - 'QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA'

Hi community

Due to using "single sign on"  on mobile devices we had to change the QMC Proxies setup and activate the Kerberos authentication. 

Since implementing this change, the monitoring apps stopped reloading and by reloading and running concerned tasks we get the following error in the logfiles for all monitoring apps:

Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value:...

2018-11-30 10:50:25 Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
2018-11-30 10:50:25 Execution Failed
2018-11-30 10:50:25 Execution finished.

I found a lot of tips in community regarding how to resolve this issue, but none of those has helped. The only solution is to remove kerberos authentication from QMC. But we need it for log in with SSO on mobile devices.

Do you have any idea about how to resolve this issue?

We currently are running QS September 2018 SR1. Our QS environment is clustered consisting of two servers.

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @AliAzizi  this behaviour is working as designed. As Kerberos Authentication is not supported with REST Connectors.

Refer here 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried adding a virtual proxy that uses Windows authentication and then change the monitor data connections to use that virtual proxy? See for example this discussion: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/QVX-UNEXPECTED-END-OF-DATA-Fixed/ta-p/...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Yes, actually I had seen the article you are referring to (Article Number: 000024080, Last Updated: 12/06/2018). 

What I was wondering was that the Kerberos is set up on proxy level, and could not understand how adding a new virtual proxy would help, as the new virtual proxy still is connected (linked) to the same proxy! 

Anyway, I tested it by following the article guidance. A new virtual proxy is added with prefix and all other configurations is done. The REST connections are edited by adding the prefix to the URLs. But After adding the new virtual proxy and by reloading the monitoring apps (or just testing the REST connections individually) I get the following error: 

2018-12-01 08:11:56     Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 401 (Unauthorized):

2018-12-01 08:11:56     'Negotiate' authentication schema provided by the web-service is not supported or your credentials are not valid.

2018-12-01 08:11:56     Execution Failed

2018-12-01 08:11:56     Execution finished. 

Without changing anything but only disabling the Kerberos, everything will start working again, and monitoring apps will reload without any problem.

LanBiteam
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello  ,

did you solve this problem? What if we don't want to disable the other Virtual Proxy?

Thank you!

Lan

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @AliAzizi  this behaviour is working as designed. As Kerberos Authentication is not supported with REST Connectors.

Refer here