Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvmpro
Partner - Contributor III

Moving to new Server & installing latest version Qlik Sense

Hi expert, 

I have a client who is working with an old version of Qlik Sense and now they will move to new servers and want to take advantage to update to the latest QS version.

I Have 2 questions i need to answer and need some help:

1. By changing and installing the lastest version of QS,  will need new licenses or will be able to use the same from before? 

2. I have the new server configuration, i would need to know if the configuration will work to install and use the latest version of QS. They currently have 10 users (5 Professional - 5 analyzer) and 2 apps with almost 50 dashboards created.

I attached the server info. Thanks in advanced...!

clipboard_image_0.png

Labels (5)
4 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi how are you?

An important question, what version do yo have now? this is important because the old version you have, the process you will have to do tu upgrade to a 2019 qliksense server version.

This article will help with all the process

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Hope, help

Fernando

Gvmpro
Author

Hi Fernando,

The current version is v12.16.2 April 2018. 

I'll check the link provided. 

Thank you!

Gvmpro
Author

Hi Fernando,

Thx for the link, i'll provide the system requirements to the client.

About de Installation...

If they are moving to new servers ¿They need to do a 'new' installation of the latest QS version regardless the old version? or ¿Should be a Migration of the current and then make the update? ¿Would this affect the current Licenses?

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi!

If the client will be migrating to new server, they should "moving" all the folders, configurations,etc to the new server(backup and restore) and the only update the qliksense server.

The license is the same, you can use it.

You only will have to ask to upgrade license, if you change the "type" of license , for example: if you use tokens and now you will use License type "professional" and "analyzer".

Hope helps

Fernando