Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lazaros06
Contributor
Contributor

Problems upgrading to Qlik june 2017 (solved)

We had a Qlik sense server 3.2 SR2 instance which we required to upgrade to the June 2017 version. I tried several times without success. I reviewed a lot of posts here but none of them described my situation therefore I tried almost most of the solutions related to upgarde problemas even if they were not describing my problem. This strategy helped me to learn a lot of tips, but it didn't solved my problem and then I decided to raise my problem to support.

I went to the support portal and I found this fix at the support Knowledge base that finally helped me with my upgrade. https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?id=kA5D00000004NPTKA2

For all these people that had a problem like mine I want to share my experience hoping that it might help somebody in the future.

• My logs showed a failed postgress installation, sometimes this logs are difficult to read. I noticed the error is described in the same link that comes above
  • I noticed that it was running it on a windows server 2008. I discovered that I should upgrade to 2012 and install all the patches Installing Qlik Sense June 2017 on windows 2008 server R2. Patches solved a problem with a stalled hub, in other words , upgrading to 2012 was not enough for my Qlik 3.2 SR2 instance to run. This was not  the solution to my problem but this was a really helpful (and a must) post
  • I tried installing Visual C++ redistributable 2010 but it turned out that it was not necessary in my case. Qlik Sense Install failed - Postgres
  • Some posts talked about a C:\Programdata directory. I had a hard time finding it. I discovered that this is a hidden directory in windows 2012. It turned out that is very helpful to have access to this directory. Many posts in this forums now make sense
  • I removed the Qlik sense service account from the Performance Monitor Users group as mentioned in the link above, restarted the server and tried the upgrade again and it worked. Now I have a fully working instance of Qlik sense June 2017

Regards

0 Replies