cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich_morby
Contributor II
Contributor II

Purpose of RIM node - Qlik Sense June 2017

I've installed a multi node instance of Qlik 2017 with a single Central Node and single RIM node. I've added the RIM node to the cluster and it connected successfully to the Central Node. I set it's Purpose as production and enable the Repository and Engine.

RIMNode.png

I can access the Central Node via it's hostname just like I could on a single node install but I can't access the RIM node directly via it's host name.

If I enable Proxy for the RIM node I can access it but I get the following error message

error.png

The RIM node is a more powerful machine and I thought the purpose of it was to handle the load from the end users. Is this correct and if so how do I route user traffic to the RIM node and leave the Central Node for development work and data loading?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rich

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

The error means you did not put any Engine in the Proxy configuration for the RIM node. To do that you need to go to QMC (the Central node is fine) --> Virtual Proxy --> <RIM Node (VP)> --> On the Properties chose Load Balancing and select at least one Engine.

Anyway to run Apps on the RIM node, you don't need to configure a Proxy as mension earlier, but you need to configure the Load Balancing Rules in QMC. Have a look here (Load balancing rules ‒ Qlik Sense) for more details

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

The error means you did not put any Engine in the Proxy configuration for the RIM node. To do that you need to go to QMC (the Central node is fine) --> Virtual Proxy --> <RIM Node (VP)> --> On the Properties chose Load Balancing and select at least one Engine.

Anyway to run Apps on the RIM node, you don't need to configure a Proxy as mension earlier, but you need to configure the Load Balancing Rules in QMC. Have a look here (Load balancing rules ‒ Qlik Sense) for more details

rich_morby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Vincenzo!

I was able to route traffic to the RIM Node without having to enable the Proxy service by adding it as a load balancing node to the Central Node virtual proxy as you suggested.