We upgraded to QLIK September 2017 about 2 months ago. Ever since we are seeing periodic failures to restart the qlik services after the nightly back up. We use the repository manager to conduct our nightly backups, and previously we had never had any issues. In our Prod environment, which is still on QLIK 3.2, has no issues with this.
Has anyone else run into this issue? I am at an impasse and have run out of ideas of what to check.
Not sure what QLIK september does differently when backing up that might cause this.
The only error I see is this <below>. But the time stamp of this coincides with the start of the back up. (back ups are scheduled to start at 11:30 nightly)
Well, I think I figured out the answer to my own question. When we went from 3.2 to September Release, the upgrade mandated that we go from synchronized to shared persistence. Previously we were using the QLIK util, RepositoryManager.exe, to conduct the back ups. This util is not supported with shared persistence, which means that it is no longer supported in the new versions of QLIK. Apparently QLIK will be providing a new util, but that is still forthcoming. I am now trying to figure out how to automate the back up of QLIK using Powershell and the postgres util pg_Dump...but admittedly that is not looking good.