Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Qix/datafiles parameters

Hi,

I'm asked how to delete 7,000 files automatically at this post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/How-delete-7-000-files-inside-SaaS-DataFiles-Fol.... The solution works great, but it just operate with Personal Space.

How can I operate with other spaces? Where I can find qix/datafiles parameters ?

Tks

Pedro 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Well, the API is private and therefore undocumented (and has the potential to change at any time).

But the param that you're looking for is top. So an example would be:

GET /api/v1/qix-datafiles?connectionId=8ccd4eb8-7ba8-4add-8297-26c3e16f2b85&top=10000

I would expect pagination to be a requirement for the API to go public and stable like the rest of the public and stable APIs on Qlik.dev: https://qlik.dev/apis/#rest

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey there,

The general flow would be something like:

GET /api/v1/spaces

-> Get the id element for the desired space

GET /api/v1/data-connections?space=<spaceId>

--> Get the id element for the return with qName = DataFiles

Example response:

{
            "id": "8ccd4eb8-7ba8-4add-8297-26c3e16f2b85",
            "links": {
                "self": {
                    "href": "<removed>"
                }
            },
            "privileges": [
                "read"
            ],
            "qArchitecture": 0,
            "qConnectStatement": "CUSTOM CONNECT TO \"provider=qix-datafiles.exe;path=App Metadata QVDs:datafiles;\"",
            "qEngineObjectID": "8ccd4eb8-7ba8-4add-8297-26c3e16f2b85",
            "qID": "8ccd4eb8-7ba8-4add-8297-26c3e16f2b85",
            "qLogOn": 0,
            "qName": "DataFiles",
            "qType": "qix-datafiles.exe",
            "space": "5e3e045dcf6ae0000122ec7f"
    }

GET /api/v1/qix-datafiles?connectionId=<idFromPreviousStep>

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi @Levi_Turner ,

It's almost that i'm looking for... I got a list with first 25 files in specified space, but is there possible to control the pagination response? Or is anyway to use a query parameter using wildcards or regex or anything else?

I miss the documentation for this api 😞

For example

Using Wildcards

"GET /api/v1/qix-datafiles?connectionId=195cb633-aed4-43ba-920e-bae6d76333f0&query=XXX*.qvd"

Using pagination:

"GET /api/v1/qix-datafiles?connectionId=195cb633-aed4-43ba-920e-bae6d76333f0&page=5 "

Can you show me how can do that?

Tks again,

Pedro

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Well, the API is private and therefore undocumented (and has the potential to change at any time).

But the param that you're looking for is top. So an example would be:

GET /api/v1/qix-datafiles?connectionId=8ccd4eb8-7ba8-4add-8297-26c3e16f2b85&top=10000

I would expect pagination to be a requirement for the API to go public and stable like the rest of the public and stable APIs on Qlik.dev: https://qlik.dev/apis/#rest

wwengso314
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I followed the method above to delete the files in shared spaces, however, but the files are still in the shared spaces, I have tried to check the list using 'qlik raw get v1/qix-datafiles?connectionId={elementId}', the query listed down the files from personal space. What did I miss out? Thank you.

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi @wwengso314 

To use a qlik-clik withing line commands (Powershell, CMD or Bash), follow this to use it:

qlik raw get v1/qix-datafiles --query connectionId=dataconnectionid,top=100000

The parameter --query is same that '?' and you need to use comma (,) to separate the parameters.

And if you are using inside Powershell, add the '| ConvertFrom-Json' at end of line to better see it.

[],

Pedro

gordon_ash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Pedro,

I have followed this thread and used your scripts for the past year or so, thanks for that; I have accidentally uploaded over 90,000 files on top of an existing 40000 files and so need to delete them. When I use the top parameter it only seems to cope with about 35000 files, and they are in alphabetical order - the files I want to delete all begin with R so are probably from 50000 onwards so they never get returned. Is there any way of either ordering differently or having another pagination parameter, to get to the R*.qvd files to delete?

Thanks

Gordon

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The underlying API does not support filtering in this way so you will need to do it in your code. To get all data-files in a space using qlik-cli, you can use this approach:

$space_id = '5e42f2cc0ea40d0001214b3a'
$data_files_connection_id = (qlik data-file connection ls --spaceId $space_id | ConvertFrom-Json).id
$space_data_files_tmp = qlik data-file ls --connectionId $data_files_connection_id --raw  | ConvertFrom-Json
$space_data_files = $space_data_files_tmp.data
do {
    $separator = "next=([^}]*)}"
    $nextURL = [regex]::match($space_data_files_tmp.links.next.href, 'next=(.*?)(&|$)').Groups.Value[1] 
    $space_data_files_tmp = ''
    IF($nextURL -gt 0) {
        $space_data_files_tmp = qlik data-file ls --connectionId $data_files_connection_id --raw --page $nextURL | ConvertFrom-Json
        $space_data_files += $space_data_files_tmp.data
    }
} while (($space_data_files_tmp.links.next).Length -gt 1)

Something like this will output the files with names which start with R or higher:

$space_data_files |  Where-Object { $_.name -match '^[r-z]' }
gordon_ash
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Levi_Turner ,

Thanks for the quick response, I have implemented the code,  but I never get anything in the @nextUrl when matching the regex, it always returns null. I have even just set @nextUrl to the links.next.href just to get the next full page of data but nothing gets returned. Presumably the regex is looking for something to define next=...  The value of my 

$space_data_files_tmp.links.next.href is :

I don't know what I am missing.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hmmm, it's possible that the platform changed the param for the next page of data. This should work:

$space_id = '5e42f2cc0ea40d0001214b3a'
$data_files_connection_id = (qlik data-file connection ls --spaceId $space_id | ConvertFrom-Json).id
$space_data_files_tmp = qlik data-file ls --connectionId $data_files_connection_id --raw  | ConvertFrom-Json
$space_data_files = $space_data_files_tmp.data
$page_separator = 'page'
do {
    $nextURL = [regex]::match($space_data_files_tmp.links.next.href, "$($page_separator)=(.*?)(&|$)").Groups.Value[1]
    $space_data_files_tmp = ''
    IF($nextURL -gt 0) {
        $space_data_files_tmp = qlik data-file ls --connectionId $data_files_connection_id --raw --page $nextURL | ConvertFrom-Json
        $space_data_files += $space_data_files_tmp.data
    }
} while (($space_data_files_tmp.links.next).Length -gt 0)