Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fbarracha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik API - Logs from App ID

Hi everyone,

I know a little about the API (not much, unfortunately) and I want to implement a little script (don't really care about the Programming language, could be python so I can run it from the ETL tool or I can run directly from the console) that would question the API for all the tasks that are published on the server, save this results to an Excel file and for each of the apps that I found, I want to question the API for the result of the taks / Log file, and save that log to a directory.

So far, I know that if I send /qrs/task/full to the API, it will give me all that tasks it finds on the server and that I can filter those results adding parameters to the API.

Aside from that, I'm a little bit lost. Can anyone point me to the correct direction?

Thank you.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

So I've answered how to get the script log for a given task here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/Download-LOG-file-using-QRS-API/m-p/1567020#M10...

And you have a handle on how to get all reloadtask ID's, so it would just be a matter of:

1. Getting all task IDs
  2. Looping over each ID and following the steps from the other thread to get the script log

Is that all of this ask?

RajaDumpa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear Levi, 

That is a Great Blog Post. Can you also advice on a False positive response of a QRS API call made from RunDeck software, where the returned Response code was 201 (Success ) from Qlik Sense ( Aug 2021 Patch 13 ) however the Task in QMC failed to kick off. 

Can you advice me to the QRS API specific logs so that I can match the Task ID or anything else to investigate why Qlik Sense returned a false positive response ?