cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Qlik Analytics Platform Details

Hi, does anyone have a technical detail of the differences between Qlik Analytics Platform vs Qlik Sense Enterprise?

Are APIs accesible without extra cost in both of them? Does Analyitcs Platform allow you to include Qlik Sense objects in mashups that look and work just like regular Qlik Sense objects?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Daniel,

QAP comes in two different flavours, one that is token based for OEMs and one that is capped to CPUs.

What both versions have in common is that the client is disabled on the server but the APIs are completely opened.
Note that it's still, technically, the same product as the normal QS server but the restrictions are applied through the license.

So you can still access all the APIs and the QMC. Right now we suggest that you use Qlik Sense Desktop to develop the app locally and then import it into your QAP server. In the future we are developing a QAP Client that will allow you to build the data model and objects on the QAP server itself but that is not exposed to users/clients to avoid using the Desktop client.

So, technically between the QAP and the normal QS we turn off the client through a license.
So a customer could start off with the normal server and normal tokens to build whatever solution they are looking to deploy and once the usage pattern of said solution reaches critical mass they could migrate over to use QAP.
That should provide a very cost efficient solution to "test the waters" of said solution to the public before committing to investing into QAP.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Daniel... I Think you should ask on partner Portal or with a sales rep this kind of questions, because prices can vary from region to region....

danielrozental
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Arthur, I'm not asking for prices but for technical details.

I've not been able to find anything on the partner portal, that's why I'm asking here.

Thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Daniel,

QAP comes in two different flavours, one that is token based for OEMs and one that is capped to CPUs.

What both versions have in common is that the client is disabled on the server but the APIs are completely opened.
Note that it's still, technically, the same product as the normal QS server but the restrictions are applied through the license.

So you can still access all the APIs and the QMC. Right now we suggest that you use Qlik Sense Desktop to develop the app locally and then import it into your QAP server. In the future we are developing a QAP Client that will allow you to build the data model and objects on the QAP server itself but that is not exposed to users/clients to avoid using the Desktop client.

So, technically between the QAP and the normal QS we turn off the client through a license.
So a customer could start off with the normal server and normal tokens to build whatever solution they are looking to deploy and once the usage pattern of said solution reaches critical mass they could migrate over to use QAP.
That should provide a very cost efficient solution to "test the waters" of said solution to the public before committing to investing into QAP.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II
Author

Alexander, thanks so much for your answer.

So QAP doesn't include any prebuilt limited visualizations or samples, you have to build everything from scratch, right?

Is the OEM token pricing model defined case by case?

In your "test the water" example what would be the advantage of moving from the regular QS to QAP? Do you need a user pass or a login pass to access an application through the Engine API in QS?

Sorry for all the questions but I've not been able to find anything in the partner portal. Thanks again!

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

It doesn't include any samples apart from what is available at https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/

So you can still build a app in Desktop, then import that app into QMC and use the Mashup API to embed objects into your webapp. So the APIs you can use with Qlik Sense are the same for QAP so the same samples and documentation applies.

I can't comment on pricing but... it's software sales so I would imagine there is a price list and then well... a negotiation

Yes, you need a user/login pass but the users themselves can be anonymous if you like in regular QS or QAP.
If you access the Engine API, Mashup API, QRS API etc over the Proxy as a user you consume a login token in QS. If you have the CPU version of QAP then there is no license pool, you have unlimited access to the product. There is of course a limitation in how much you can throw at the available CPUs but that's more a performance consideration then a license/access consideration.

In a normal QS server you can still access the APIs directly, bypassing the proxy, and authenticating with certificates if you don't wish to consume tokens. This is mostly done for server to server communication where user tokens does not make sense.

Just note that we have not released QAP for internal use yet, the versions of QAP currently released is intended for OEM and for external use only.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks again Alexander.

stecava82
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Alexander,

can I use the .net sdk with the QAP?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Sure, the QAP is the normal Enterprise Server but with different licensing.

All APIs should be available but the /hub and /client route is disabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Alexander,

You wrote:

akl Right now we suggest that you use Qlik Sense Desktop to develop the app locally and then import it into your QAP server

Could you explain how to import an app into QAP please ?

Thank you

Julien