Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rolmontero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Data Transfer and Qlik Direct Access Data Gateway Installation on Discontinued Operating Sytems

Hello everyone,

I've got a general question regarding the installation of Qlik Data Transfer and Qlik Direct Access Data Gateway. I have read the documentation, but I would like to know if it is possible to install both assets on old operating system. For instance, I happen to have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @rolmontero 

It may be possible to install these products on a Windows Server 2008 server, but this environment wouldn’t be supported by Qlik Support.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @rolmontero 

It may be possible to install these products on a Windows Server 2008 server, but this environment wouldn’t be supported by Qlik Support.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rolmontero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried installing both components on the machine I mentioned before, but both failed. They started like any other installation and did not show any message regarding some sort of incompatibility. However, in the end, they just failed. On the other hand, I installed the components on a Windows 11 machine and there was no problem whatsoever; the installation was successful.

Have a nice day