Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BPreasearch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Reconnecting Screen - Too Frequent

Hello, 

Our team is a licensed Qlik Cloud user and lately our users have been experiencing a more frequent "Reconnecting" screen then normal. Is there anything on our end that we can do to make this less frequent? Can you also provide an explanation as to why a reconnection needs to be made? Sometimes it seems as though it is completely unnecessary as the engine is using very little resources. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

@BPreasearch  

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @BPreasearch ,
how does this happen? Does it happen in the middle of some operation? Or after moving away from the page and then coming back?
Some of the unexpected connections are often caused by an internet proxy terminating the connection or other third-party tools (browser extensions, firewalls...)

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
BPreasearch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

This happens at random without any specific user input. The user will be looking at the page (not idle for more than 1 or 2 minutes or in some cases actively working) and the page will say "reconnecting" and reset the user's session if it does in fact reconnect. Often, it will say something to the effect of "return to hub".

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

You should try to have the browser's developer tools running (I know, it can be a pain to have them on all the time) to try and capture what's happening and then analyze the har file (you can even post it here).
Also, make sure that there are no browser extensions running. 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
BPreasearch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Daniele, 

That is going to be a difficult course of action for us to take since it is our users who are experiencing the issue and less so our department. Having them monitor for the issue in the midst of their other daily tasks may be more effort than the results are worth. Is there any way in which we are able to get access to Qlik's logs on our service and review our users connections vs downtime?

BPreasearch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Daniele_Purrone are we able to get access to Qlik's logs in regards to out service and review our users connections vs downtime?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @BPreasearch, there is currently no way for customer or partners to access Qlik Cloud log files. Is this still about the matter mentioned above?

CurtDaughtryBP
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Daniele_Purrone We are still having this issue frequently. Sometimes as often as 1-2 times every 10 mins.

Without any significant input, the screen will white-out and say please wait...reconnecting.

This creates a very poor user experience.

I've noticed other threads in the community noting this as well within the SaaS tenants.

How can we fix? Are there any whitepapers, technical briefs, settings we can apply? 

Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

With QCS, I'm not aware of any setting that can be applied.  There is a default session timeout of 30 minutes of inactivity for SaaS tenants.  Testing session idle timeout in my tenant, I saw 23 minutes yesterday and 20 minutes today.  The normal message is "Session has timed out, please refresh."  It looks like this "reconnecting" behavior is not necessarily the same as or related to a session timeout.  Perhaps your users are experiencing a network disconnect for some reason, even though your user sessions are not idle.  I have an engagement with R&D for the somewhat premature session timeouts, and will see if it can add anything helpful for this problem.  However I do agree that you might have to log a Support case and provide a capture from one affected session/user for us to be able to dig into this further.

Additional information edit:  There is also an idle WebSocket timeout of 20 minutes in SaaS, which is what some may be experiencing.  This is what my tests actually observed, which is working as designed.