Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KefangWorker
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense 404 Error: The requested resource cannot be found

Hi, 

I have met such issue -- Qlik Sense 404 The requested resource cannot be found, which is shown in this figure below. It shows both on Hub and QMC.

KefangWorker_0-1619600932271.png

When I checked the Qlik Sense services further on the Server of Qlik Sense installation.  It seemed running fine. Then I restarted the Qlik Sense Repository Database. The related services restarted well, However, the Qlik Sense Respository Database popped up the error like below:

KefangWorker_1-1619601246461.png

After this, I checked the Application Logs, it says this,

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 4600) running in data directory "C:/ProgramData/Qlik/Sense/Repository/PostgreSQL/9.6"?

How to solve this issue?? Thanks a lot!

Regards

Kefang

4 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

It is possible that a process in the background didn't stop properly and therefore still locks the file.

Can you try to restart your server entirely?

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @KefangWorker 

Please refer to below link it should solve the problem.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000039005

Please check the windows application event logs and also check if ports are being used by different service.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-check-which-program-is-using-a-specific-port/ta-...

I suspect if any of the ports being used? Have you tried to restart the server?

Let us know your feedback if it is working for you.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Senior Technical Support Engineer-Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
KefangWorker
Author

Totally stopping the services and then restarting the services solved this problem. 

By the way, the link  https://support.qlik.com/articles/000039005 doesn't work. It shows Page Not Found. 

Regards

Kefang

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi ,

We also faced the same issue today , where HUB and QMC was not accessible for 404 error and we had to restart the server as the PostgreSQL process were running even after stopping repository database service.

Can we have a route cause for this behavior ?