Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vibhuadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Apps deployment

Hi,

Which Qlik Sense resources or functionalities gets migrated along with Apps migration from DEV to UAT to PROD?

For example . App content , Security rules, Custom Properties, Tags etc  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi @vibhuadmin 

From my personal testing below is what I see

• For an unpublished app, all content is exported
  • For a published app, only published and approved content that is part of the .qvf file is included in the export
  • When you export an app, extensions are not included in the export. This may result in some visualizations not being rendered when moving apps between different instances of Qlik Sense
  • If the app contains ODBC data connections, you must create new connections, or use the ones that already exist at the new site. You also need to make sure that the related ODBC data sources exist on the new deployment. The ODBC data sources need to be named and configured identically, and point to the same databases or files.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi @vibhuadmin 

From my personal testing below is what I see

• For an unpublished app, all content is exported
  • For a published app, only published and approved content that is part of the .qvf file is included in the export
  • When you export an app, extensions are not included in the export. This may result in some visualizations not being rendered when moving apps between different instances of Qlik Sense
  • If the app contains ODBC data connections, you must create new connections, or use the ones that already exist at the new site. You also need to make sure that the related ODBC data sources exist on the new deployment. The ODBC data sources need to be named and configured identically, and point to the same databases or files.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.