Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Avoid session close. Unlimited session inactivity timeout

Hi.

I have to show some dashboards for an industry on a big screen. They have to be available all the time because they work 24 hours a day. I cannot achieve that last thing because the session close when it reaches the inactivity timeout.

So, is there anyway that i can set the session inactivity timeout to an unlimited value?
I tried to put 0, but it's not valid input.

Please help.
Thanks in advanced.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
dirkoomscegeka
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Francisco,
Any updated on this? I'm trying as well to show some reports on wall-mounted screens. I'm searching what the best approach is for apps on such a display.

francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi.
I ve' set up the Session inactivity timeout value to its max (71582 minutes). In the client PC that are connected to the big screens i am running a Java program that have devoleped myself that simply close the browser and re-open it setting the tabs URL that are needed and logging into Qlik Sense automatically. I ve' configured this program to run periodically to avoid the sessions reaching the inactivity timeout.
If you are interested i made it with the Selenium library that gives you the possibility to control elements from the browser interface without user interaction.
Hope it helps.