Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Avoid session close. Unlimited session inactivity timeout

Hi.

I have to show some dashboards for an industry on a big screen. They have to be available all the time because they work 24 hours a day. I cannot achieve that last thing because the session close when it reaches the inactivity timeout.

So, is there anyway that i can set the session inactivity timeout to an unlimited value?
I tried to put 0, but it's not valid input.

Please help.
Thanks in advanced.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
dirkoomscegeka
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Francisco,
Any updated on this? I'm trying as well to show some reports on wall-mounted screens. I'm searching what the best approach is for apps on such a display.

francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi.
I ve' set up the Session inactivity timeout value to its max (71582 minutes). In the client PC that are connected to the big screens i am running a Java program that have devoleped myself that simply close the browser and re-open it setting the tabs URL that are needed and logging into Qlik Sense automatically. I ve' configured this program to run periodically to avoid the sessions reaching the inactivity timeout.
If you are interested i made it with the Selenium library that gives you the possibility to control elements from the browser interface without user interaction.
Hope it helps.