Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 installation failure!!

I upgraded Qlik Sense Desktop from 2.2.4 to 3.0.0. It seems everything is OK.

But when I opened the hub, it appears nothing as below:

I have tried to repair the installation, failed.

I have uninstalled the Qlik Sense Desktop and re-installed it, failed.

How shall I fix this issue? So far the only thing I can do is to roll back to 2.2.4.

Background information:

Username: Junlong Chen(There is a blank between two words, and somebody said the issues is caused by the blank. I don't know whether it's right or wrong.)

52 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I finished the first step. It doesn't work.

According to security policy of my company, I can not turn off any defenders. So I can not achieve the following procedures.

In the blank screen in QS desktop, I can right click to show DevTool. The error message show up:

I don't know whether it matters or not.

Meanwhile, I upgrade the QS desktop in my personal laptop. It works fine.

So my suspension is that something in QS desktop is against the security policy or defender.

Hope this issue can be solved ASAP. Otherwise the enterprise clients like me will suffer a lot, although the new feature is truly awesome.

Best regards,

Junlong Chen

harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

I just saw an update that R&D is uploading an update to the installer which is designed to resolve this issue.  Please download and install the new Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0 from the downloads site by end of day today or tomorrow and try again.

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

I can confirm that the issue has been fixed and a new version is available for download! Thanks again for reporting the issue!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

I have a very similar problem, and the latest version has had no effect:

Qlik Sense 3.0 Installation Error.png

I have tried all the steps above both on 28/6 and today. Is this same issue as above?

Many Thanks

Dominic

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It is great!!

This issue has been solved by using the latest installation file from the downloads site.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Junlong Chen

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Hi Dominic,

Even if the symptom seem to be similar I expect it's a separate problem. Could you please share some more information on what OS you are running in and if you did a fresh install or upgraded from previous version.

Also if you would be able attach logs that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Br,

Anders

amonjaras
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The QS Desktop installer available on the site does not appear to have changed. It still shows 2016-06-28 as last modified date, and the downloaded file is the same size as the previous one.

Can you confirm the new version is up?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am running Windows 7, and I have tried both upgrade and fresh installation options.

I’ve uninstalled and re-run the application so many times now I’m not sure which log files are which. Hopefully the 3 attached can give you some sort of clue.

Rgds

Dominic

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Hi Dominic,

Would be great if you could zip and attach the whole [...documents\qlik\sense\log] catalog! Thanks!

Br,

Anders

Anders-Samuelson
Employee
Employee

Hi Angel,

Could you please provide me with the url you're trying to download from! Thanks!

Br,
Anders