Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IK2
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Desktop Authentication Link not working

Good Day Everyone,

We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows version Nov-2022 , and i have root admin access,  i have generated the Qlik Sense Authentication link in QMC, which i can see in my Hub, when i Click the link from Hub it opens my Qlik Sense Desktop (Nov-2022 patch 1), and then i see this screen, i can see the my server authentication here also no option to login using  User ID and password, i tried searching Community but could not manage to solve.

Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @IK2,

If you put this URL (the one you have set in QMC) in your browser where is installed Qlik Sense desktop, are you having access to it ?

About logs, I don't believe you will find something as nothing seems to happen. But it's worth a try to check it.

The Qlik Sense desktop logs are located here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @IK2,

It should work (I've just tested with the same versions than you).

Maybe you have a test license or maybe you missed a step ?

See below:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Configuring-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-authenticatio...

Regards,

Benoit

IK2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Benoit_C 

Thanks for replying, i have production server not test, 

i have followed same steps mentions in the post you shared, i can see the link in my Hub and when i click the link it opens the Qlik sense Desktop, but shows me the "Add Authentication Link" button only.

i tried deleting the link from qmc and generated again but no luck.

Thanks.

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @IK2,

In your QMC --> virtual proxy --> Client Authentication link

If here you click the button "Generate", it will show you a link starting with "qliksense://"

If you copy this whole link and past it on your browser where is installed Qlik Sense Desktop, what your browser will do ?

Regards,

Benoit

IK2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Benoit_C 

when i copy Client Authentication link from QMC --> virtual proxy --> Client Authentication link

and i past it in my browser, it shows me popup to open qlik sense desktop (below screen shot)

then i do click "Open QlikSenseBrowser"  , it opens Qlik Sense Desktop in my laptop,  and i see below screen

i tried both way , click link from hub, and copy pasting link in browser, but i end up with this screen(shown above)

Thanks.

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @IK2,

What is the OS version where you have installed Qlik Sense Desktop ?

Can you show a screenshot of your authentication link in the QMC virtual proxy ?

Thanks,

Benoit

IK2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Benoit_C 

Operating system is Windows 10

and here is screen shot of Client Authentication link from QMC.

Could you please tell me which log files should i see to find out the problem.

Thanks.

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @IK2,

If you put this URL (the one you have set in QMC) in your browser where is installed Qlik Sense desktop, are you having access to it ?

About logs, I don't believe you will find something as nothing seems to happen. But it's worth a try to check it.

The Qlik Sense desktop logs are located here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Regards,

Benoit