Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Adam_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense, What can be the cause of this error, Engine Error, Startup failed: Engine GetQrsSettings JsonGet for settings: JSON parse error?

Hi everyone, 

Every day I see in the QS server under Event viewer a lot of QS Engine Errors, I need help in fixing it. (Pictures are also attached).

I tried to research it online, but couldn't find a solution for it.

This is the Error:

The description for Event ID 300 from source Engine cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Startup failed: Engine GetQrsSettings JsonGet for settings: JSON parse error

This is the Information:

The description for Event ID 700 from source Engine cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

CNTService: The service was stopped.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @_Adam_,

Maybe one of your Qlik Sense nodes has the Engine role disabled in QMC.

You could check this article about it:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Windows-service-Qlik-Engine-cannot-be-started-on-...

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @_Adam_,

Maybe one of your Qlik Sense nodes has the Engine role disabled in QMC.

You could check this article about it:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Windows-service-Qlik-Engine-cannot-be-started-on-...

Regards,

Benoit

_Adam_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello  @Benoit_C !

After I disabled the Engine Service in the Proxy server all error messages has been stopped.

Thank you for your quick response.

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @_Adam_,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad it's now solved.

Regards,

Benoit