cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dejv
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Enterprise running on Mac OS

Is it possible to run Qlik Sense Enterprise licence running on company server through VPN on Mac  OS version 10.14.5? Because I tried that and it doesn' work. When I am using Windows it's working.

Thank you in advance

Labels (3)
1 Reply
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I didn't quite understand whether you are asking about accessing a Sense Enterprise environment, or running such environment on Mac OS. So I'll try answering both questions.

If you mean using a browser on Mac OS to access a Sense Enterprise server through a VPN tunnel, then the answer is yes, that works. At least as long as you use a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari are all good on Mac OS).
Sense uses websockets, so your VPN software must allow websockets in addition to regular https etc.
You probably also have to whitelist the VPN tunnel's IP address in Sense, otherwise the Sense server might not allow traffic from the VPN.

I am using that setup myself every day. No problems.

If you are thinking about running the actual Qlik Sense Enterprise server on Mac OS, that's a no-no. 
That's a Windows-only software package. That said, you can certainly run Qlik Sense Enterprise in a virtual machine on Mac OS - I do that too when I need to work on something when travelling (or when Internet access is not available).

Finally, you also have the new kid on the block: Qlik Sense on Kubernetes.
Here Qlik has done away with the Windows dependency, and you can run the Sense server on pretty much any system where Kubernetes is available. I've used this setup on my Mac, using both Minikube and MicroK8s (Canonical's single-node Kubernetes product). Works a treat - but requires Kubernetes skills, obviously. 

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!