Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense Installation issue

Hello,

I'm installing Qlik Sense onto a 2012 Windows Server which previously had QlikView 11.2 SR7. I removed the server and desktop QV installations, as well as deleting 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech' but am getting an error message when installing Qlik Sense 2.0.1 (see attached log file).

I'm thinking it's because some remnants of QV 11.2 are there but not sure where to find them.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be?

Thanks,

Ralph

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Possibly have found the issue, we have Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 x86 installed on our server rather than the x64 version which might be impacting the postgresql install.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Did you also remove c:\programdata\qlik\sense?

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

No, I haven't removed it. Obviously it wouldn't have been there until I started the Sense install but do you recommend deleting it? (there is only a configuration.dat file in it)

Thanks

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Sorry - read through your original post too quickly. Yes, you won't have stuff in the programdata\qlik\sense until after you've installed Sense.

Did you uninstall QlikView 11.20 or just remove the folders?

The log points to a failure to install the postgreSQL. I am not skilled in this area and do not have an answer.

e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.

e000: SetupResult: -2147023293

e000: Failing MSI name (if any): PostgreSQL

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes completely uninstalled QlikView 11.2 and then deleted the folders as well.

Thanks for your help anyway.

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Possibly have found the issue, we have Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 x86 installed on our server rather than the x64 version which might be impacting the postgresql install.

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

And yes that was the issue, just had to install the x64 version.

insiriogirolami
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks! It's worked for me.