Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elizabethbamber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense June 2017 install and restore

I am following instructions for "Upgrading to Qlik Sense June 2017 from Qlik Sense versions earlier than 3.1 SR2" and am having trouble on step 14. 

14.Run the following command to install Qlik Sense and restore your Qlik Sense Repository Database.

Qlik_Sense_setup.exe databasedumpfile=<path_to_dump_file>

The installation starts but I am unclear which options to follow:

- connecting to an existing database fails

- creating a new database does just that

Can anyone assist, should I be seeing some other options referencing the restore?

Thanks

7 Replies
elizabethbamber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

After tweaking the command prompt to start installation to be:

Qlik_Sense_setup.exe databasedumpfile="C:\Users\xxxx\xxxx\xx xxx\QSR_backup.tar"

A couple of steps after selection of "Install local database" there is a step "Repository Database Superuser Password" acknowledging detection of a Repository database.

However the install ultimately fails.

I note that the size of the backup differs dependent upon method used to generate backup.

Method1

pg_dump.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -b -F t -f "c:\QSR_backup.tar" QSR

Method2

set PGUSER=postgres

set PGPASSWORD=[superuserpassword]

pg_dumpall.exe -p 4432 > [path to dump file]

I have tried restoring both backups without success.

The log file shows:

Action 09:22:24 33 C:/Users/Administrator/xxx/xxxxx/xx  xxxx/QSR_backup.tar: No such file or directory

CustomAction CA_RestoreDatabaseFromDumpFile returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Anyone else encountered similar errors/know how to resolve?

Thanks

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

without stating the obvious does 'C:/Users/Administrator/xxx/xxxxx/xx  xxxx/QSR_backup.tar' exist? can the service account see this or the user doing the install?

Your option one points to 'c:\QSR_backup.tar'  and not sure where option two points to...

I have done what you are trying and it worked no problems, but I had uninstalled qlik first (so used the second instructions in step 5)...

elizabethbamber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Barry

The file does exist.  I had moved the file hence change of location in reference.

I am continually getting error "The database password entered does not match the database user password specified in the dump file".  When creating the backup the superuser password has to be entered so cannot understand why this is being returned.  Attached is a file with steps on which I have some questions.  If anything clearly awry in here will be grateful if can be advised changes necessary.

Thanks

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Not sure how much more I can help...  If i recall I actually logged into the DB and changed the PW interactively (as thinking about it may have also had that error).  Then did the dump file.

Sorry not too much help

Barry

elizabethbamber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you Barry - you have helped!  I went back and did the password change using PGAdmin tool and the upgrade/restore of database went through OK. 

If anyone else has same issue I used these instructions to connect PGAdmin to postgres database.

•Run pgAdmin3.exe from C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin
•Click the power plug button on the top manual bar and enter information
•Name - QSR
•Server - localhost
•Port - 4432 (not the default of 5432)
•User Name - postgres
•Password - the password that you provided on installation.

Then changed the password following second method of changing password under step 3 of upgrade instructions for "Upgrading to Qlik Sense June 2017 from Qlik Sense versions earlier than 3.1 SR2" via
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploymen...

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Glad I was some help and you have made progress

leonelqv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Elizabeth,

I have the same problem, were u able to solve this issue ?