Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umarfarooq
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Migration to Windows 2019 Server from Windows 2012 Server patch 3

I want to Migrate my Qlik Sense windows 2012 Server to Windows 2019 Server. Please give me some detailed guide. especially explaining how can i save my licenses from blocking.   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

If you are using SLK, you can install it in as many servers as you want. But the licnese (professional/analyzer) pool will be shared. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Umarfarooq 

Do you mean that you are moving to a new server or upgrading windows on the old one?

If it is the same machine then I don't think you need to anything. (assuming you are using a Qlik Sense version that supports Win 2019)

If you are changing servers then take a look at this part of the help and see if this answers your question. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/August2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Depl...

Umarfarooq
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am moving the machine , new machine new windows 

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Then you need to reinstall Qlik Sense and restore backup from current site to new one.

Umarfarooq
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My Question is that when restoring backup, old server should be down or not as the licenses can conflict. Please let me know how to manage licenses. OR the licenses don't automatically install we have to add them manually.

Regards  

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

If you are using SLK, you can install it in as many servers as you want. But the licnese (professional/analyzer) pool will be shared.