Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardeep424
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Performance/Load Test

Dear Experts

What is the recommended Performance/Load test tool for QlikSense in client landscape? Should use HP Loadrunner or QSST or other? Need to prepare automated test scripts for executing 'queries' and 'reports' with ~100 concurrent users. Test result must capture time graphs, cpu utilization etc.

Any suggestion in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

You should be able to create a navigation scenario with a visual editor and simulate different users over different paths (I've used the very first version). Read carefully the PDF instructions. Don't forget to put the thinking time and take care about the network devices between the clients and server (they might recognize a many connections from one client to the same server as DDOS attack).

Take care also about the number and size of servers in charge of client's simulation, a common mistake is to measure the server workload while clients are saturated.

If this has been useful to you, don't forget to set it useful/correct so others with the same problem can benefit

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hardeep424
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Vincenzo!

I have used this QSST and observed that it integrates quite closely with Qlik apps. That's good indeed.!

However, did not see any option to record the steps for creating automated test scripts. Seems that we need to manually define object/label IDs, choose actions from drop-down etc. in a very traditional manner.

Can you validate my understanding in this regard.? Or, is there some other nicer way to record the steps for creating automated test scripts.?

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep

Vincenzo_Esposito

You should be able to create a navigation scenario with a visual editor and simulate different users over different paths (I've used the very first version). Read carefully the PDF instructions. Don't forget to put the thinking time and take care about the network devices between the clients and server (they might recognize a many connections from one client to the same server as DDOS attack).

Take care also about the number and size of servers in charge of client's simulation, a common mistake is to measure the server workload while clients are saturated.

If this has been useful to you, don't forget to set it useful/correct so others with the same problem can benefit