cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[Qlik Sense] RIM node configuration

Hi,

I'm installing two RIMs on a client. This works fine, but engine dont.

I mean in Virtual Proxies, when I added his respective load balancer nodes it doesn't works, 'each' qmc open trough his vp but in hub appears 'internal server error', then if I add central node and remove his own nodes from vp it works.

For some reason, when I'm installing the RIMs this only accept the IP, not the server name or FQDN. I thought this wasn't a problem but it seems to be cause as I said, can not use the RIMs own engine. The certificates in each RIMs are wrong too.

I though maybe I forgot do something in postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf but this only exist on Central Node so the test I did is telnet <node_IP> 4444 and it is ok, but telnet <node_server_name or node_FQDN> 4444 it fails. All ports are open and even so I've create inbound and outbounds rules.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Luis Andrade

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Installing a node with its IP address will generate a certificate named with the IP address and will cause issue around service communication. 

From your description, it looks like you have identified wrong/duplicate certificates as well on the rim. 

I would suggest to

• Uninstall completely Qlik Sense on the rim node
  • Make sure manually that there are no Qlik Sense certificates nor files in ProgramData
  • Reinstall using ServerName or FQDN
  • Remove and re-add the node in QMC using ServerName or FQDN

If it still fails, at what point is it failing? When adding in QMC, during the installation,...

Finally, try to ping the rim from central and central from rim to make sure the servername or FQDN is not resolved in IPV6

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Installing a node with its IP address will generate a certificate named with the IP address and will cause issue around service communication. 

From your description, it looks like you have identified wrong/duplicate certificates as well on the rim. 

I would suggest to

• Uninstall completely Qlik Sense on the rim node
  • Make sure manually that there are no Qlik Sense certificates nor files in ProgramData
  • Reinstall using ServerName or FQDN
  • Remove and re-add the node in QMC using ServerName or FQDN

If it still fails, at what point is it failing? When adding in QMC, during the installation,...

Finally, try to ping the rim from central and central from rim to make sure the servername or FQDN is not resolved in IPV6

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It failed when I tried to add the RIMs using its FQDN, so I was using nodes IPs but for some reason, RIMs engines didn't work. I did what you listed but nothing happens, maybe was some network configuration problem.
Anyways, the client accept using SLK so I installed 3 independent servers.

Regards,

Luis Andrade