Qlik Community

Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
Now Live: Qlik Sense SaaS Simplified Authoring – Analytics Creation for Everyone: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Unknown connection type

Hi,

I'm facing this issue after upgrade Qlik Sense to Sep 2020 Patch 3. Actually it began a short while after the upgrade, but suddenly it appeared to the data connections tab in the data load script page with a message "Unknown connection type: QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe" (also QVRestConnector.exe) like bellow:

Capture.PNG

When I try to create another connection a I realized that there is like has no connectors available.

não aparece todos os conectores.PNG

 

Anyone faced this before or have any tips to fix that? Maybe reinstall connectors package?

I hope to learn a lot here and help if I can
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Bastien_Laugiero ,

 

It was some problem with security level on the network/server, it was blocking the connectors from working properly. Maybe even deleting the .exe connectors. 

Security team just added some configurations to trust Qlik Connections and reinstalled the connectors. It's working again.

I hope to learn a lot here and help if I can

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi, 

Do you have internet connectivity on your Qlik Sense server(s)?

I have seen this article solving this error message: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000024864

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
caiogil1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Bastien_Laugiero ,

 

It was some problem with security level on the network/server, it was blocking the connectors from working properly. Maybe even deleting the .exe connectors. 

Security team just added some configurations to trust Qlik Connections and reinstalled the connectors. It's working again.

I hope to learn a lot here and help if I can
SureshbaabuAZ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

We are experiencing this issue on Feb 2020 Patch 2 version.  Would it be possible to share the following?

1. Config change details performed by the security team to trust the Qlik Connections

2. Steps to reinstall the connectors for Qliksense

 

Thank you,

Suresh

 

 

Security team just added some configurations to trust Qlik Connections and reinstalled the connectors. It's working again.

ISS83
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, 

we experienced the similar issue after upgrading to Qlik Sense February 2021 and for us it was the  "Unknown connection type: QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe" error. This was caused by a missing  connector_sdk_module_obdc.js file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\web\ folder. This can be verified by opening the console (F12) in Chrome while in Data Load Editor in Qlik and seeing if in the Console tab there is an error indicating the missing connector_sdk_module_obdc.js file. 

The solution was to copy that missing js file from another environment running the same Qlik Sense version and after that the connectors started working again normally. No idea what could have caused this though, since there were no errors or such during installation. 

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hallo ISS83, 

would it be possible, that u (or someone else?) share the file that u have mentioned? 
( that "connector_sdk_module_obdc.js"-file, located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\web\ )

F12 tells me the same file is missing - unfortunately we don't have a multi-environment-setup to simply copy it from elsewhere... 


And i am facing exactly the same Problem as  stated in the original posting.
Installing / Updating the Qlik ODBC Connectors didn't help (Qlik Sense STILL seem to USE his OWN OLD connector, rather than the package-installable one, that seems to be used only for Qlik View).

Hope that file works it wonders, without make us need to ENTIRELY REINSTALL Qlik Sense (Enterprise)... 

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

Seems like i found another fix that i like to share here for future Community-members running into same problem: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Missing-or-unknown-data-connections-Data-Sources-and-Qlik-OD...

Seems like the QS version-upgrade is the safest bet.

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

Update: 
Updating from v8 to v11 (of the Feb 2021 Version) solved initial problem for us. (see link above)