Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanw58
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Upgrade

I've been trying to do a QS Jun-19 to Nov-21 upgrade for a customer of ours. 

I ran the Install (as Admin obvs) and got as far as entering he Qlik Service User password. The password I was given didn't work, so I cancelled out of the install. I'll have to either get the customer to recheck the password or I'll have to go through the "change the password" exercise.

However, when I went to go into QMC (or the Hub) I just got a "site not available" message. The Qlik Services are all running, but not QMC/Hub. This means the customer cannot run Qlik Sense at the moment!

I've attached the Repository log file and relevant "conf" files (had to add .txt to them as conf files aren't uploadable here).

Any help appreciated.

... Alan

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alanw58
Author

Hi...

Thanks for reply, but turned out the problem was that the customer's server people had changed the Service Account password - even though I'd told them not to do that! Because the password didn't work they thought they'd be "helpful" and change it.

... Alan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, upgrading from 2019 you should accepted the screen to delete the certificates and create a new ones, if the installation was cancelled maybe the certificates aren't working.

Try following this steps: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-in-Qlik-Sense-No...

On installations I always recomend to do a snapshot/backup so there is a quick return to the last situation.

alanw58
Author

Hi...

Thanks for reply, but turned out the problem was that the customer's server people had changed the Service Account password - even though I'd told them not to do that! Because the password didn't work they thought they'd be "helpful" and change it.

... Alan