cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Upload App to Enterprise

Hello,

I try to upload a new created App from Qlik Sense Desktop to our Qlik Sense Enterprise environment. But I do not see any upload functionality.

In Qlik Sense I did login with my Qlik Sense Enterprise account. So i thought this would be possible.

Do I miss something here or is this not possible? If not how do we get local created Apps in the Enterprise available?

Thanks !

Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Yes, it cannot be done through Qliksense Desktop. an ADMIN has to do it via the QMC.

Apps should be accessible from the server machine to be able to be imported via the QMC.

last step is to publish the App, an administrator can do it from the QMC. starting from the latest version it is also possible to do it via the HUB.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

3 steps must be performed

1. copy the app on the server machine or on a shared folder reachable from the server.machine

2. Import the App using the QMC

3. Publish the App into a Stream

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your help and time. Much appreciated!

If I understand correctly; It cannot be done through Qlik Sense Desktop. The user has to do some manual steps for this. So better approach will be to always use the web interface of the Enterprise edition where new Apps are always stored on the Enterprise server and can be published direct by user through web interface (right mouse click on App -> Publish).

In other words, for Enterprise environments Qlik Sense Desktop has not that much to offer.

Am I correct with this?

Thanks

Richard

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Yes, it cannot be done through Qliksense Desktop. an ADMIN has to do it via the QMC.

Apps should be accessible from the server machine to be able to be imported via the QMC.

last step is to publish the App, an administrator can do it from the QMC. starting from the latest version it is also possible to do it via the HUB.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great. Thanks for sharing this information !

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

You're welcome