cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsanta86
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense does not detect previous version

hi collegues, I have a problem when I try to update to the version of April 2019, it does not appear the option to update, it seems like it did not detect the previous version (November 2019 patch 1),in the attachment are the images.Installing.pngServices.pngVersion.png

note: the shared folder is on another server

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Then go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp and find the installation log is generating, lets see if we can discover anything that might lead us to something.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Seeing that the Qlik Sense Icon is missing in the "program and features", something is wrong or missing. Can you check if the program files are still in the Qlik/sense folder. Also can you check C:\ProgramData\Package Cache is empty? Yes, then MSI are missing and it needs them to do the uninstalled and install process. No, then I would reboot the machine and try again.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
dsanta86
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

hello Gio, I'm the colleague of Marcos Herrera of Colombia, the files are still in the program files and the folder C: \ ProgramData \ Package Cache has data

ServicesServicesPackage CahePackage CaheProgram FilesProgram Files

dsanta86
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello Gio, the support case is 01672690 - The setup file does not recognize the QlikSense installation on update (Windows Account Temporary Profile)

Giuseppe_Novello

Can you define more whats the "Windows Account Temporary Profile", because it does not have the full rights to see all the Qlik components. Do they have a system admin that has full rights in that server to perform the upgrade? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
dsanta86
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I've tried different windows accounts, including the one used for Qlik services and with administrator permissions, but I always get the same result

Giuseppe_Novello

Then go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp and find the installation log is generating, lets see if we can discover anything that might lead us to something.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
dsanta86
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

hello Gio, validating that log I found the following error

[1D4C:32DC][2019-06-27T15:34:17]e000: Error 0x80070002: Failed to get size of pseudo bundle: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\9973d562-ea63-4066-9271-6641b6c73da2\Qlik_Sense_update.exe
[1D4C:32DC][2019-06-27T15:34:17]e000: Error 0x80070002: Failed to initialize package from related bundle id: QlikSenseEnterprisePatch
[1D4C:32DC][2019-06-27T15:34:17]e000: Error 0x80070002: Failed to get size of pseudo bundle: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{49e0e0dc-7a23-47c2-b470-2d8cb1c3587e}\Qlik_Sense_setup.exe
[1D4C:32DC][2019-06-27T15:34:17]e000: Error 0x80070002: Failed to initialize package from related bundle id: {49e0e0dc-7a23-47c2-b470-2d8cb1c3587e}

what I did was take the missing files from another environment

Giuseppe_Novello

nice! Can you confirm that taking those missing files from other environment helped to fix the issue? 

If you could go back case# 01672690, and let the TSE know the issue is solved as well!

Cheers!

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
dsanta86
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

yes Gio, I took the missing files from another environment with the same version of Sense

Right now I proceed to close the case