Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyccwong1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense server setup for big data analysis

Dear all,

I am working on a pre-sales cases with a telecom customer.

The customer currently have a data warehouse with a database size 300 Tera byte data and need to perform call records searching for last 5 years for checking details. We had suggested to the customer for using Qlik Sense with option of On-Demand App Generations for address this need with live demonstration.

After the demonstration, the customer asked the following question for the following scenarios for follow-up:

1. One of the user require 2TB size of Qlik compressed the data need for analysis (i.e. 2TB required for 1 user) and their existing server for single server can only configured with 1TB RAM. (i.e. 1TB ram for 1 server)

Is there a scale-out configuration in Qlik for allow in users to perform the analytic with the 2TB data by using the combined CPU and Memory from different RIM nodes?  For example, the user request data for 2 Tera byte for analysis with 2 Qlik Servers configured with 1 Tera byte memory each to handle this single request. 

The help information seems indicated we can separate the apps & users on different nodes. However, there is nothing mentioned that a user request can be handled by combining the server resources from different nodes.

2. If there is a limitation on the memory resources, is there any configuration for Qlik for allow to perform the analytic and calculation using CPU, memory and disk storage (i.e. virtual memory) instead of showing the result with real memory for about 2 to 3 Tera byte of data. 

I checked the installation from help that the 64 bit server support 8192 GB virtual memory (paging).

Does that implies we can setup a max 8TB size paging for running Qlik app for address the request above?

(Remark: Customer emphasized that there is a actual need for these kind of record search analytic at the moment. The customer also mentioned that they accept slower response time for full-fill 2nd scenario. )

I had search for Qlik forum and documentation and only find the multi-node configuration, on-demand app generation and big data direct query. However, I am not able to have a clear answer for address the questions above.

Therefore, I would like to ask for advices.

Thank you

1 Reply
johnhubbard11
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's no secret to you that companies should invest in quality data analytics and create a data-driven approach to reach more customers. For example, my company cooperates with Oxagile, they have a wide range of IT services. This company was recommended to me by several of my friends who have been cooperating for a long time.