Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giozotik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense upgrade from September 2017 toJune 2020

Hi community,

Planning to upgrade Qlik sense from September 2017(11.14.3) to June 2020(13.82.4).  To prevent any unpleasant surprises what is a key points I should know and what  preparation have to do.?  Also can I upgrade direct from 2017 to  2020 ?  Or have to do this release-by-release.?

Best regards,

@swuehl @rwunderlich @Michael_Tarallo @sunny_talwar @Bastien_Laugiero @Clever_Anjos 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

First of all, read carefully this section https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/June2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Deploy...

Plan your install and have a good backup before starting.
I would rely in an experienced person to do that.

WMLouis
Contributor II
Contributor II

Good Question.

I'd also like to know what those with experience in this area recommend.  

I may be missing it, but the documentation and the don't say if skipping over an update is recommended or preferred. 

Just installing the most recent release would certainly save time but is that a best practice?

ChotanaBI
Contributor III
Contributor III

Best practices :

* Always backup your server before touching your keyboard ...

* IMHO, always use the previous release and its patches ; I'd rather use Sense April 2020 + patch 3 instead of June 2020 ; except if you need the new features.

After June 2017, any upgrade can be done to the latest version, provided that you have a backup ... just in case 😉

Chotana
http://bi-formation-service.fr
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @giozotik - you've already received very good advice overall and hope that your planning for the upgrade has been progressing well.

If you need a guide still though, you may want to look at our Step-by-Step upgrade guide.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂