Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik desktop app Closes suddenly by itself

Hi All,

I am working on qliksense desktop November 2021 release and experiencing something new , it is not working properly. It closes the Qlik desktop app by itself while working on front end and then I have to relogin to continue my work. 

The following has been done:

1. I uninstalled the app. Taking away the old so that if there is any issue it can be resolved. 

2.  I downloaded November 2021 release and did a new installation from scrash. 

after this, I still got the same situation of the sudden closing while working. 

In the QlikSenseBrowser.exe log I found these lines that may be applicable:

TypeError: o.dimensionDefinition.description is not a function

Has anybody faced the same issue in the past.I see similar issue but no guided way it is being resolved

Please guide me what is the matter and how it can be resolved ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, @Adam_R

After a complete installation of the most recent Qlik sense Desktop version (2022), The application seems to work perfectly again.

Thanks for reaching out and support will not be necessary for this case anymore.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Adam_R
Support
Support

Hi Wallibee,

Please open a case at our Support Portal, where an engineer will be able to help you.

Support | Qlik Community

Wallibee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, @Adam_R

After a complete installation of the most recent Qlik sense Desktop version (2022), The application seems to work perfectly again.

Thanks for reaching out and support will not be necessary for this case anymore.