Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keerthi_g
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Automation - Certificate Redistribution to Rim Nodes

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on automating Qlik Sense installation and configuration in a multi-node environment.

I am done with the installation and adding nodes, but facing an issue with node configuration and certificate redistribution , that is usually performed through QMC.

I have added the rim nodes and trying to automate the certificate redistribution, but no luck.

Things I tried:

Method 1:

Copied over the .PEM files related to the client,server and root from central node to the rim nodes.

Tried to add them to cert store using certutil

Root cert is added without issues, but receiving an error with message "CRYPT_E_NO_MATCH" when I try to add server and client certs . This might be with the format of the file.

CertUtil: -addstore command FAILED: 0x80092009 <-2146885623 CRYPT_E_NO_MATCH>
CertUtil: Cannot find the requested object

Method 2:

Manually exported the certificates for the rim node through "Certificates" section on QMC.

This generates root.cer,client.pfx and server.pfx files. I copied over these files to the rim node and added them to cert store using Import.

I have added the certs to local and current user cert stores (Personal and Trusted Root Certificates).

This did not help, the status on QMC (nodes section) shows as certificates are not installed.

I am confused about how can we achieve the cert redistribution to rim nodes which will facilitate communication between central and rim nodes.

Let me know if am missing any key steps in the process or if there is an alternate way to accomplish this in an automated fashion.QMC_Nodestatus.PNGAny help on this is highly appreciated!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Maybe this could help you:

https://gist.github.com/levi-turner/6edf4860d9c7b1c8729fbaeae295a0db

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
keerthi_g
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Everyone,

Please share your insights/suggestions on this if any.

Thank you in advance!!

Regards,

Keerthi

Giuseppe_Novello

Maybe this could help you:

https://gist.github.com/levi-turner/6edf4860d9c7b1c8729fbaeae295a0db

Giuseppe Novello
keerthi_g
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Giuseppe Novello,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the shared solution and it addressed the issue. I could successfully add the nodes and distribute the certificates as needed.

Regards,

Keerthi

Giuseppe_Novello

Glad I could help, have a good day!

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello