Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

QlikSense QRS Custom property

Hi Qlikies,

Is there a way to read the Custom property data from the QRS, logs. I tried to look into the Operations monitor, but there is no trace of any dimension holding the Custom property data. 

I would like to load the data of custom property and its associated users from the QRS or the operations monitor.

Thanks

Mark

9 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

It won't show in the Ops monitor, but it will in the DB, have you check the "CustomPropertyValues" table? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gio,

any clue how to read this table ?

Thanks for your reply.

BR

Mark

Giuseppe_Novello

Maybe you could use the postgres ODBC connectors and look and load the table. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Postgr...

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the reply. I will check it and let you know if it is working this way.

KR

Mark

marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have used the existing rest connectors to retrieve the custom properties for the Apps and Users, unfortunately it is not returning any data.

I have read in one of the blog posts like it is not recommended to use the Postgre SQL connection to query the QRS as the structure of the Tables might change. so i tried to read the QRS data using the REST API connection.

any thoughts why there is no data stored in the custom property Table.

Mark

Giuseppe_Novello

Looking directly in the DB, I can see the Custom Properties data, so I am not sure what you doing with your connection? To explain why you can't see data. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have used the Rest Connector supplied with QlikSense Server for operations monitor App.

I can see the Root Folder and the structure with custom properties, Tags, Streams etc., but there is no data in the Custom Properties Table.

Is there any other way to query the QlikSense Repository.  Also I tried to create a RESTconnection to read the  QRS tables and i am unable to get the JSON Data, Rather it is showing CSV as default option and not returning any data. any idea about this . I tried to use postmaster and query the QRS , it was returning the data and the same is not working using a REST connector. The Custom property table is always empty using the REST connector for Apps, Tasks, Users etc.,

Thanks

Mark

mataylesbury
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mark,

I've just been following the same path that you followed here trying to get custom property vales attached to users, via the existing monitor app connection. Did you ever get a solution that works?

Thanks.

stelei
Contributor II
Contributor II

In case anybody still needs this. Here is the SQL statement for retrieving the desired data:

SELECT
  u."UserDirectory",
  u."UserId",
  u."Name",
  u."RolesString",
  cpv."Value" as "CustomProperty"
FROM public."Users" u
LEFT JOIN public."CustomPropertyValues" cpv on u."ID" = cpv."User_ID"
--WHERE u."Name"
ORDER BY u."ID" ASC