Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArunPrakash
Contributor
Contributor

QlikSense Version Upgrade Path

Hello ,

Kindly can someone advise the QlikSense Upgrade path from the version : 2017 June to 2022 Feb

Our current QlikSense version is 2017 June. We want to upgrade to the latest 2022 Feb version.

Can anyone pls suggest if it is possible to upgrade in a single go or we have to Upgrade via Intermediate versions.

If so, pls suggest what should be the appropriate Intermediate versions.

Thanks

Regards

Arun

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @ArunPrakash 

We would not recommend that you do this in one upgrade as there are several differences between 2017 versions and the 2022 versions. I think upgrading to a new year each time should be sufficient, so to a 2018 version, then 2019 and so on.  Please review the following article also to help you plan the upgrade.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De... 

We would advise that you do this on a non-production environment first to test the process and as always, please make sure you have taken backups and have roll back plans in place before performing any changes.

I think it would also be advisable to review the release notes for each version before you perform the upgrades.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @ArunPrakash 

We would not recommend that you do this in one upgrade as there are several differences between 2017 versions and the 2022 versions. I think upgrading to a new year each time should be sufficient, so to a 2018 version, then 2019 and so on.  Please review the following article also to help you plan the upgrade.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De... 

We would advise that you do this on a non-production environment first to test the process and as always, please make sure you have taken backups and have roll back plans in place before performing any changes.

I think it would also be advisable to review the release notes for each version before you perform the upgrades.

ArunPrakash
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much for your detailed advise. We will read through the post and adopt accordingly.