Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aadil_madarveet
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QlikSense loading same document on multiple nodes

Hi All,

I have 4 Engine nodes in a cluster. All the nodes are added in the load_balancing of a virtual proxy to direct users to these nodes.

I am facing a problem where the same app is getting loaded in multiple nodes when the users are accessing it at different time intervals. The app is refreshed only once in 24 hours. The App Cache Time is set to default 8 hours.

I have done a engine health check for all nodes. For example, the app "448hae92-21b7-4ac8-a0e0-fa757a456t9c" is appearing under loaded_docs on "NODE1" and appears under in_memory_docs under the other three nodes.

Why is that the app is loaded on a new node when the app is already in memory on other nodes.

I am using QlikSense Apr 2020 P2.

Thanks,
Aadil

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @aadil_madarveet 

It seems you are trying to pin some apps to specific nodes, by any chance have you seen this information already?

https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/docs/asset_management/apps/review_pinning_load_balancing.html

But to your question about how the load balancing works by default, the documentation is here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/add-load-b...

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hello,

I am experienced the same behaviour. 

Somehow 1 unique app can be loaded on different nodes which i expect it shouldnt be on another nodes if its already loaded in any engine in cluster. I estimate this happens by 2 reason but i didnt clarify it, its just my opinions

1)App is loaded on NodeX and if node reaches working set limit(%70 ram usage treshhold), new user sessions may be forwarded to another available engine in order to prevent poor user experience which seems ok.

2)If you use 2 proxy server(proxy service) in cluster, these services cant make crrect loadbalancedecision on which app is loaded on engineservers. And different user sessions might force apps to loaded on different servers ram.

I would like to know how its working