Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to add or change thumbnails for QlikView applications published in Qlik Sense Hub?

Is there any way to add a nice thumbnail image to QlikView apps that are published to the Qlik Sense Hub? 

I'm not finding any settings or any info online.  It would be great to make them look nicer in the hub.

QSHub.PNG

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

As what you publish in the Hub is the link to the QlikView document it might be the case that indeed is not possible to edit the thumbnail proprieties of such link.

So, it could be is working as expected and an idea on ideation would be needed.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello @kdmarkee221 ,

We have dig further on this and you cannot change the thumbnail per report, but you should be able to change it globally.

The file from the 

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\hub\img\core\static

used is named - "Default-file-published.png" (edited)  as you could inspect on the browser Dev Tools.

Cheers,

Albert

kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The file is actually Default-file-published.png.  So I made the assumption that we should be able select a different image and name it with this file name and it will be used instead as the default thumbnail for QlikView Documents in Qlik Sense Hub and it did in fact work.   Thanks.Default-file-published.PNG

9 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @kdmarkee221,

You should have the ability to change the thumbnail of an unplublished app, which you can then publish to the Hub.  See Qlik Help entry Changing the thumbnail of an app for details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It appears what you reference is for Qlik Sense apps, not QlikView apps published to the Qlik Sense hub.  QlikView apps offer a thumbnail setting in Document Settings, but when an image is used it does transfer to the Qlik Sense Hub.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Are you also publishing the QlikView apps to a QlikView AccessPoint? If so, do you have a suitable thumbnail there?

You may want to open a case with Qlik Support

kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did also publish the QlikView app to Access Point and the thumbnail works there.  I'll submit a case I guess...not sure it is worth the headache, however.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Understandable, but this may be a defect and Qlik would definitely appreciate you bringing it to our attention.  Thanks!

Best Regards

Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

As what you publish in the Hub is the link to the QlikView document it might be the case that indeed is not possible to edit the thumbnail proprieties of such link.

So, it could be is working as expected and an idea on ideation would be needed.

Cheers,

Albert

Albert_Candelario

Hello @kdmarkee221 ,

We have dig further on this and you cannot change the thumbnail per report, but you should be able to change it globally.

The file from the 

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\hub\img\core\static

used is named - "Default-file-published.png" (edited)  as you could inspect on the browser Dev Tools.

Cheers,

Albert

kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The file is actually Default-file-published.png.  So I made the assumption that we should be able select a different image and name it with this file name and it will be used instead as the default thumbnail for QlikView Documents in Qlik Sense Hub and it did in fact work.   Thanks.Default-file-published.PNG

Albert_Candelario

Excellent @kdmarkee221 , I am glad it work out !