Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajirawks
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qliksense Authication

Hi, 

Recently I installed Qliksense Desktop and tried to authenticate against Qliksense Enterprise or Qliksense Sense Business. 

I opened the Qliksense Enterprise and click on the client authentication. When done, the Qliksense Desktop application opens and prompts for the username and password. 

But entering the password and username, its does not log me in and says "Incorrect Password". 

Can you please advice on the what should be domain name and password? Should it be the admin account or individual business user account

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @balajirawks 

Depending on whether you are trying to authenticate against Qlik Cloud (Business, as you mentioned) or Enterprise on Windows, the method is slightly different. Either way, you will need a licensed instance of Qlik Sense, whether that is a cloud tenant or an on-premise installation. 

For on-prem, the user would be whatever user you have given yourself a license for (or which your admin has given you a license for). If you are using out-of-the-box Windows authentication, that would be a windows user with a domain\userID user name combination.

Here are the instructions for both on-prem and cloud:

How to authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop against a Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows server 
How to authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop against SaaS editions  

All the best,
Sonja 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Albert_Candelario

Hello @balajirawks,

Did you had a chance to review the information shared by @Sonja_Bauernfeind ?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer