Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qliksense Cloud with SAML

Hi

We have have Qliksense on Cloud and AD on different Domain, we are setting up SAML authentication between the two. My queries are.

1) Will i have to bring the Users in Qliksense using UDC for Token allocation

2) Is there any other way of allocating Token without bringing in the user?

3) Will i be able to make use of User Attributes for Security rules?

jogmtotwapetter-s

Regards,

Anwar

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Anwar - thanks for your question - here is what I know, however I am not sure if SAML auth effects this process in any way.

So as long as SAML auth does not effect this:

(1) - technically - you don't have to - see #2 - (unless you want to bring in other user attributes that UDC provides from the LDAP source.

(2) - If you do not bring in the users via UDC, users can access the Qlik Sense hub URL, they will either be prompted to login or perhaps be authenticated already - through SAML - their user id SHOULD be written to the repository automatically and be accessible in the QMC under users, then you can apply your appropriate access. Only thing is that it only brings in the user id and nothing else. It may be possible also problematically though our APIs, but I am note sure about that. I added flp‌ to the thread to see if he might be able to provide some input.

(3) - Yes - you can use attributes in security rules, I believe if pulled in by UDC

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike for your reply.

1)So if i dont have to bring in user what kind of Token they will get assigned on First login.

2) I have implemented SAML(still to be tested) with SAML attribute for User ID and Group as shown in jog‌ videos

Can i use this attributes in assigning Tokens(we have many user and Token allocation needs to done on Group Basis)

Regards,

Anwar