Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobiasW
Partner - Contributor III

Qliksense Reload Task based on Successfull reload of multiple other tasks

Hey,

I'm looking for a way to trigger a reload of an App (AppC) based on the succefull reload of two other Apps (AppA and AppB).

If i make a Trigger based on their successfull reload, it is always a OR trigger. I wanna have a AND trigger.

If AppA and AppB reloaded succesfully, then reload AppC

Is their a simple solution i just don't seem to find/see?

Since I didn't found one i thought about a "HelpingApp" which basicly checks in its Script if AppA and AppB got reloaded, then it would be successfull to reload, if just one of it is reloaded it would Fail the reload.
It would get triggered by the successfull reload of one of this apps.

In reality AppA and AppB are in seperate trigger chains, so it is impossible to just trigger > AppA AppB AppC

Someone got an idea for a simple solution or maybe even got a script for the "complicated" one, I just need to adjust a bit?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TobiasW
Author

First of all thanks to @Maria_Halley  for the tip that it actually is a "AND".

Solution: 

Add all the Triggers you wanna base your final trigger on, my personal mistake was the "Time Constraint".
Per default it is set on 360min (6h), so you may need to set it lower. In my case the reload of the Apps was every hour so obviously the last successfull reload of AppB was in range of the Time Constraint^^

Thanks for the help and i hope this may help some people who got issues with this too!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Hi @TobiasW 

In the help it says "There is a logical AND between the tasks" on this page

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2021/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

or am I misunderstanding your question? 

TobiasW
Author

Hey @Maria_Halley 

I'm not sure if i understand what you want to tell me.

In my testing i came to the conclusion that their is an "OR"

TobiasW_0-1622532666585.png

So in the picture above you can see I added both Reload of tasks of AppA and AppB as a Trigger for the reload task of AppC and this definetly behaves like an "OR".

Could you maybe explain further which part you mean, which could/should be connected by an "AND"?

Thanks anyway!

TobiasW
Author

Hey @Maria_Halley 

I think i found what you meant.

TobiasW_0-1622533140624.png

Maybe i did something wrong...

But in my testing it always behaved like an OR, so the task for AppC would always start as soon as one of the other triggers finished (successfully).

TobiasW
Author

First of all thanks to @Maria_Halley  for the tip that it actually is a "AND".

Solution: 

Add all the Triggers you wanna base your final trigger on, my personal mistake was the "Time Constraint".
Per default it is set on 360min (6h), so you may need to set it lower. In my case the reload of the Apps was every hour so obviously the last successfull reload of AppB was in range of the Time Constraint^^

Thanks for the help and i hope this may help some people who got issues with this too!