Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense server - compatibility with Windows 2016 core

Hello,

I would like to know if Qliksense server is compatible with Windows server 2016 core ?

More information about what Windows server 2016 core is :

Quel est le serveur principal? | Microsoft Docs

Thanks for your help !

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Antoine,

Yes, Qlik Sense is compatible with Windows Core.

The main consideration for choosing that flavor would be is the admin comfortable with administering the entire system using CLI? e.g. can they install and configure a driver and DSN using command line? Because in 2016 you cannot switch back to GUI: powershell - How do I add the Windows GUI to Windows 2016 Server Core? - Server Fault

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

A short update on this.

You can run QLikSense without issues on Widows Server Core 2019 if you install "Server Core App Compatibility Feature on Demand"

Works great.

Sebastian_Linser

Hello Gustav,

i can confirm that works great. The command line i used to install it was:

Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name ServerCore.AppCompatibility~~~~0.0.1.0

as documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/install-fod-19

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

6 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Antoine,

Yes, Qlik Sense is compatible with Windows Core.

The main consideration for choosing that flavor would be is the admin comfortable with administering the entire system using CLI? e.g. can they install and configure a driver and DSN using command line? Because in 2016 you cannot switch back to GUI: powershell - How do I add the Windows GUI to Windows 2016 Server Core? - Server Fault

Hope that helps.

apierensv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for you clear answer Levi !

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It does not seem to be supported? Or is there anything particular that i need to install to get it running? I can install fine, but the engine wont start (no Logs) on server core. If i reinstall the server win GUI it works fine (samme settings in both cases). Is there anything i need to add to get it running?

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I have now confirmed with Qlik Support (who got a response from Qlik RnD). Windows Server Core is NOT supported. The Engine will not run on Windows Server Core.

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

A short update on this.

You can run QLikSense without issues on Widows Server Core 2019 if you install "Server Core App Compatibility Feature on Demand"

Works great.

Sebastian_Linser

Hello Gustav,

i can confirm that works great. The command line i used to install it was:

Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name ServerCore.AppCompatibility~~~~0.0.1.0

as documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/install-fod-19

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂