Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Question about workaround in kwnoledge base article

Hello everyone

One of my clients has a Qlik Sense installation (Feb 2019 patch 1) that has the problem described in this KB article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000072224

At the moment it is inconvenient for him to update the Qlik Sense installation, and so I wanted to apply the workaround described in the article.

However, it is not clear from the article if the workaround will disable any Qlik Sense functionality... can someone shed some ligth on this? The article states that the port is used by the "Insights" functionality, but no limitations are mentioned in the workaround notes... will the Insights functionality stop working if this workaround is applied? Will the user see any error messages or otherwise non-standard behavior?? What exactly (if anything) will stop working if I apply this?

Thanks for your info

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @master_t 

I have updated the article including the possible impact of this change.

Please don't forget to mark this response as "accepted solution"

Thank you!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@master_t 

The insight advisor will not work after disabling it. Does your customer have have a license for Insight Advisor?

You should test this in your test environment first. The article is a bit unclear so I would restart all services after changing the setting.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

I also want to add that February 2019 is out of support. So I would strongly recommend upgrading to a supported version.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-QlikView-and-NPrinting-End-of-Support-Date/ta-p/1...

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @master_t 

I have updated the article including the possible impact of this change.

Please don't forget to mark this response as "accepted solution"

Thank you!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Nadia for the clarifications.