Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itadmin_isa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reload Task Scheduler

Hi All

I have around 100 reload tasks out of which 2 have a tendency for failure due to a vendor dependency 

I would like to know if there is a possibility to divide the tasks on multiple scheduler servers

i.e. the jobs which have the tendency for failure will run on one server while the others will run on a separate server

All reload tasks will be created under Tasks on QMC but the jobs need to run on 2 servers

Any advice/suggestions are highly appreciated

Thanks

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @itadmin_isa ,

Sur, you can install more reload nodes as workers so the tasks are split, such will be split by current CPU used on such nodes or current tasks, depending on the version. See:

Qlik Sense Scheduler does not load-balance properl... - Qlik Community - 1716963

For the architecture you might need, see some examples here:
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows on-premises ‒ Qlik Sense for administrators

If you would like to assign tasks to certain nodes, here you can vote for this Idea.

Request for load balancing in Qlik Sense task assi... - Qlik Community - 1836535

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MendyS
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @itadmin_isa 

yrs, you can split  QLIK to a couple of servers for example - one for reloads and another for users.
you have a lot of information about this - for example - Solved: Qlik sense server split on two machines - Qlik Community - 985155

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@itadmin_isa 

Are you using Qlik Sense or QlikView? It sounds like Qlik Sense but, since this is the QlikView admin forum, I wanted to double check.

itadmin_isa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

*editing to avpid ambiguity

Hi @Maria_Halley 

I am on QlikSense

Hi @MendyS 

Thanks for the link to the post. In the post there is a link to an installation guide I believe. However, when I click on the link, it seems the article has been moved. 

Could you help with an alternate maybe ?

To clarify further, my requirement is I want to split the reload tasks on to multiple nodes

Thanks again

Albert_Candelario

Hello @itadmin_isa ,

Sur, you can install more reload nodes as workers so the tasks are split, such will be split by current CPU used on such nodes or current tasks, depending on the version. See:

Qlik Sense Scheduler does not load-balance properl... - Qlik Community - 1716963

For the architecture you might need, see some examples here:
Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows on-premises ‒ Qlik Sense for administrators

If you would like to assign tasks to certain nodes, here you can vote for this Idea.

Request for load balancing in Qlik Sense task assi... - Qlik Community - 1836535

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer