Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaDrummond
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reload Task for 1st and 3rd Wednesday of Month

Wondering if it's possible to set a reload task for only the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month? I have it working with custom syntax for 1st or 3rd but can't seem to figure out how to specify a range for the 1st and 3rd values. Has anyone had any luck doing this? Thought about 2 separate triggers, one for the 1st Wednesday and one for the 3rd Wednesday, but wasn't sure how it will behave. 

Right now I am using the this for the custom filter: * * 1 3 * * * * which will run the 1st Wednesday.  I tried a comma but that didn't seem to work : * * 1,3 3 * * * *

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @LisaDrummond ,

Shouldn't be like this:

* * 1 1,3 * * * *

Positions

Left to right (first position is 0), each position is explained here.

Legend: 1-60. ‘*’ = all

Which minute of an hour (0 - 60) that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: 1-24. ‘*’ = all

Which hour of a day (1-24) that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: 1-4. ‘¤’ = last. ‘-’ = none

WeekDayPrefix works together with WeekDay by adding a prefix. With WeekDayPrefix, you can state that only the last (¤) Friday in a given month or first (1) Saturday in a given month that a reload can be triggered.

Syntax: Position 3 - WeekDay

Legend: 0-6 (where Sunday is 0)

Which weekday that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: An integer. ‘*’ = all

The reload can be triggered every n:th week, where n is the number set in this position.

Legend: 1-31. ‘*’ = all. ‘¤’ = last

Which day of a month that a reload can be triggered. Using last (¤), the reload will be triggered on the last day of a month, which is checked dynamically depending on month (and leap year).

Legend: 1-12. ‘*’ = all

Which month of a year that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: an integer. ‘*’ = all

How many months that must pass before a reload can be triggered.

For Minute, Hour, WeekDay, DayOfMonth and Month, you can use syntax with hyphen (-) to state “From - To”. For WeekDayPrefix, WeeklyInterval, and MonthlyInterval, you must state each character to be used in the filter. This option can also be used by Minute, Hour, WeekDay, DayOfMonth, and Month.

Example: You only want to allow a reload the first 15 minutes of each hour. You can either put ‘1-15’ or ‘1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15’ in the first position.

Also, what would have been the concern having 2 different triggers?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @LisaDrummond ,

Shouldn't be like this:

* * 1 1,3 * * * *

Positions

Left to right (first position is 0), each position is explained here.

Legend: 1-60. ‘*’ = all

Which minute of an hour (0 - 60) that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: 1-24. ‘*’ = all

Which hour of a day (1-24) that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: 1-4. ‘¤’ = last. ‘-’ = none

WeekDayPrefix works together with WeekDay by adding a prefix. With WeekDayPrefix, you can state that only the last (¤) Friday in a given month or first (1) Saturday in a given month that a reload can be triggered.

Syntax: Position 3 - WeekDay

Legend: 0-6 (where Sunday is 0)

Which weekday that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: An integer. ‘*’ = all

The reload can be triggered every n:th week, where n is the number set in this position.

Legend: 1-31. ‘*’ = all. ‘¤’ = last

Which day of a month that a reload can be triggered. Using last (¤), the reload will be triggered on the last day of a month, which is checked dynamically depending on month (and leap year).

Legend: 1-12. ‘*’ = all

Which month of a year that a reload can be triggered.

Legend: an integer. ‘*’ = all

How many months that must pass before a reload can be triggered.

For Minute, Hour, WeekDay, DayOfMonth and Month, you can use syntax with hyphen (-) to state “From - To”. For WeekDayPrefix, WeeklyInterval, and MonthlyInterval, you must state each character to be used in the filter. This option can also be used by Minute, Hour, WeekDay, DayOfMonth, and Month.

Example: You only want to allow a reload the first 15 minutes of each hour. You can either put ‘1-15’ or ‘1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15’ in the first position.

Also, what would have been the concern having 2 different triggers?

Cheers,

Albert

etracy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! So, it seems to me like it is not possible to achieve using 1 trigger and I'll need two then, based on the information. I have never used 2 triggers, so I was just being cautious as I don't know how they'll behave and if they'll work as expected. I'll have to do some testing but hopefully there are no issues and it fills our requirement. 

Albert_Candelario

Please, do keep us posted!

Cheers,

Albert

LisaDrummond
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Albert - the 2 triggers is working great! Thanks, again!

Albert_Candelario

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!