cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedrolau
Partner - Contributor III

Restrict Admin roles asssignment in QMCSection_User

Hello community, I am trying to set a self service environment in which a "team admin" is able to  publish apps from the team he/she is part of. Also, the authorization is at app level, not at stream level, I am doing this using Custom Properties in the user (I have a custom property with a value for each app created) that way I can link app-user.

Now, this "team admin" have access to the "User" section in the QMC, the problem is that he is also able to see the "Admin role" area inside that section, this means he/she can assign Root Admin role to any user in his team.

So here is my question: Is there a way to grant access only to certain sections inside QMC Sections?

I am a little trapped over here, in my company the Stream level authorization is not an option, nor centralized deployments.

Let me know your thoughs, thanks!

Alfredo

2 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

You have to use the security rule and custom property for a custom admin roles in qlik.
This may help you to follow the security rule
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/create...
pedrolau
Author

Hi, thanks for your reply. The creation of the role is not the issue itself, it is the fact that when granting access to QMC sections it seems it applies to the whole section. I just wonder if there is a way to define some sort of “Qmcsection_user.CustomProperties” instead of just “qmcsection_user” or any workaround that works.

Alfredo