Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syed_khadir
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Restrict User Authentication for HUB URL

Hi All,

I have a requirement, Presently we have a AD which is used by multiple Departments and there are certain Groups who will ONLY have access to HUB.

With that said, I want to restrict other AD users from Login to HUB, At preset as they are part of AD they can login to HUB and of course they can't view any apps or stream. But I want the Authentication to Fail as they are not the intended users to Access the QlikSense env.

++ mto

Any solution? Thanks in advance.

- Syed

1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

Unfortunately, in the Qlik side there is nothing out of the box that you may use to prevent unwanted / uninvited users globally, but in the other hand, there is one that could possibly be a some sort of solution, which would required human interaction, one you need to setup a AD with a filter, then this filter will add those user in the QMC, then other people that are not invited, you must identify it, and the in QMC>user> edit user> select "blocked", this will block them and the next time they access they will see a pretty message saying " Your account is inactive. Contact your administrator to activate it." However, for a systematically that can may affect globally, I am not sure is there a way in the network level that you may discuss with you network team, that possibly certain group are allow to access the URL, with a Load balancer rule, etc. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik