Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Restrict User's Permission in QMC

Hi,

We are a Qlik OEM partner and use QlikSense Enterprise more akin to a guided analytics application rather than allowing End Users to explore the data other than through the dashboards, filters etc. that are presented to them in the application sheets.

With this in mind there are a number of features that we don't want End Users to access namely:

• Stories
  • Insights 
  • Selections

I'm hoping to achieve this through restricting access via the security mechanisms in the QMC - before we go down this route I wanted to confirm that this is possible?

Thanks in advance 

Kevin

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

I don't think all you can disable/prevent access to the insight advisor and selections using the Qlik Sense Security Rule.

Regarding the story yes it is possible but you will need to modify/disable the default rule called "Stream" which by default gives "read" permission to any apps/appobjects to any user having "read" permission on a stream.

You can narrow down to the Object type in the security such as:

• resource.objectType = "userstate" 
  • resource.objectType = "sheet"
  • resource.objectType = "story"
  • resource.objectType = "bookmark"
  • resource.objectType = "snapshot"
  • resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot"
  • resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark"

Regarding the insigth advisor you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVSKMOWEnU

And finally, regarding how to prevent Selections the only way I can think of would be to use an Iframe integration but this will need to be done outside the Qlik Sense hub. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.