cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogi_myd_JC
Contributor
Contributor

Retrieve or Create the Backup from Repository DB

Hi, Server OS has been crashed and infra team has been mounted from C:\program files\qlik\sense into another folder (C:\IT\Backup\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6) in another fresh VM. i dont have QSR backup in tar format. Any advise, how to retrieve the same from the folders? fyi, i have manually installed the Postgresql without qliksense and tried to execute the below in cmd, i went to installed path and tried to execute the below , but no luck. pg_ctl.exe start -w -D "C:\IT\Backup\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6" set PGUSER=postgres set PGPASSWORD=xxxxxx pg_dumpall.exe > D:\Backup_Repos_DB pg_ctl.exe stop -w -D "C:\IT\Backup\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6" Now i have installed the Qliksense but nothing to restore or import since dont have backup DB. Regards Yogesh.
1 Reply
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

It's been years since I've done the procedure (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/September2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_D...) but I recall it working fine. What is the response when you run the pg_ctl and pg_dumpall commands?