cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Scheduled Backup for Qlik Sense Apps

Though we can export the apps as a one time method. Is there a way to automate the apps backup.

Also is there a way in Qlik Sense to migrate the apps from one environment to another OR there is a third Party tool recommended by Qlik move the apps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Syed,

After loosing one of our main applications to corruption, I implemented RSM (Repository Snapshot Manager).  This is much more than backing up the applications.  It backups all you configuration settings, certificates, logs, scripts, etc.  It can be used to restore your environment after a complete loss or you can restore one application or file if need be.  It's very easy to configure and use.  I currently keep a rolling 5 day backup just for safe keeping.  You can find it in Qlik Help.

As for application migration, I am assuming that you have two separate installations of Qlik.  One development and one test.  There is a tool on GitHub that may be useful.  I have not installed nor used it but it looks promising.  I believe that it allows for you to export from one installation and import to another installation.  This may be what you are looking for.

GitHub - eapowertools/QlikSenseQMCUtility: A collection of management console utilities for use with...

If you installation is a multi node installation.  This can be accomplished using Sync Rules.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Syed,

After loosing one of our main applications to corruption, I implemented RSM (Repository Snapshot Manager).  This is much more than backing up the applications.  It backups all you configuration settings, certificates, logs, scripts, etc.  It can be used to restore your environment after a complete loss or you can restore one application or file if need be.  It's very easy to configure and use.  I currently keep a rolling 5 day backup just for safe keeping.  You can find it in Qlik Help.

As for application migration, I am assuming that you have two separate installations of Qlik.  One development and one test.  There is a tool on GitHub that may be useful.  I have not installed nor used it but it looks promising.  I believe that it allows for you to export from one installation and import to another installation.  This may be what you are looking for.

GitHub - eapowertools/QlikSenseQMCUtility: A collection of management console utilities for use with...

If you installation is a multi node installation.  This can be accomplished using Sync Rules.

Hope this helps.

Kevin