Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konHi
Partner - Contributor III

Security Rule Auto Access to Stream if App access is granted

Hi,

the first question is:

Is there a lean sollution to create a security rule, that auto grants an access to a stream if user has access to an app? (made with custom properties)?

I tried it this way:

- make a stream rule to give access for all users to all streams

- make a app rule to control app access

- my apprehension was: user see many empty streams. 

= on one qlik sense instance the user actually sees only streams where at least one app is allowed to be accessed by this user, on the other qlik sense instance the user sees all streams (also the empty one).

the instances have different settings (different customers) and I can not find the difference that causes this.

Thank you,

KOnstantin

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @konHi  hiding empty streams can easily be done. You need only to upgrade to May 2022 version. This is actually the default behaviour in May 2022. 

Refer to Release Notes Qlik-Sense Enterprise on Windows May 2022 
Look for the section titled Empty streams not displayed in the Qlik Sense Hub

"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @konHi  have you tried applying the same custom property to both the stream and the application. Then construct a security rule based on resource stream's custom property == resource app custom's property. In that way the user will only be able to see the stream if they have access to the application. 

This resource should be of help;

Pre-prepared-rules 

konHi
Author

Not a bad idea. 

Only "problem" would be. if we move an app between streams than we have to be aware to adjust the property of the new stream.

the source has some ideas. i am reading right now. thank you.

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @konHi 

"Only "problem" would be. if we move an app between streams than we have to be aware to adjust the property of the new stream."

yes that is correct if you moved the app to a different stream you would need to change the customer property applied to the app 

konHi
Author

I made a further research, unfortunatelly without luck

(https://community.qlik.com/t5/Deployment-Management/Security-rule-to-drive-stream-access-based-on-ap...) has the same "problem". But also no helpfull answer.

At least I would like to hide all empty streams, is it possible somehow?

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @konHi  hiding empty streams can easily be done. You need only to upgrade to May 2022 version. This is actually the default behaviour in May 2022. 

Refer to Release Notes Qlik-Sense Enterprise on Windows May 2022 
Look for the section titled Empty streams not displayed in the Qlik Sense Hub

"

konHi
Author

That is what I was looking for. Thank you very much!!!