Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sense System Performance Analyzer- Qlogs not found

Hi,

I've imported the Sense System Performance Analyzer app and when trying to run it I encountering the following error:
Connection 'QLogs' not found: LIB CONNECT TO 'QLogs'
Happens over the execution_logic section, Any suggestions? 
If it's makes any difference qlik version is June 2019, following qlik documentation  the app is relevant for February 19 and up, does it have any relevance to my problem?

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
John_Sathya
Support
Support

Welcome Shayd, 

For the app to run both are required. By default, Feb 2019 should use Centralized logging enabled if changed otherwise. You can use the following link to test if centralized logging is enabled or not.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Verify-if-Qlik-Sense-Is-Running-With-Centralized...

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I haven't seen any news about a replacement app for System Performance Analyzer mentioned internally. But that doesn't mean there's not one coming in the future. Suggest you reach out to your account team rep for questions or concerns. If and when a replacement app will be released, it'll be announced on the Qlik Support Updates blog.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
John_Sathya
Support
Support

Hi Shayd,

The main requirement to use Sense System Perfomance Analyzer app is:
This app requires Qlik Sense version February 2019, or later, with default Centralized Logging configuration.

Pease check if you have centralized logging enabled. This might help:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/June2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Deploy...

Enabling Centralized logging:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/June2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Deploy...

shayd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks John,

I wasn't able to find the relevant information regarding centralized logging enabled or not.
Other than that if I'm using June 2019 edition, it is irrelevant whatsoever since the app requires  February 2019 as we both mentioned, no?

John_Sathya
Support
Support

Welcome Shayd, 

For the app to run both are required. By default, Feb 2019 should use Centralized logging enabled if changed otherwise. You can use the following link to test if centralized logging is enabled or not.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Verify-if-Qlik-Sense-Is-Running-With-Centralized...

Thanks.

shayd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank You John!

jeremyseipel
Partner - Contributor III

@John_Sathya  Any word on when we can run the tool without QLogs?  With the depreciation of QLogs, i assume this application is being updated.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Any of the Qlik Sense monitoring apps can be configured to use archived logs in lieu of the centralized logging database.  See Qlik Help entry Configuring when using file logging (centralized logging not enabled) and article How to set up Monitoring Apps in a clustered environment for steps.

Best Regards

jeremyseipel

Are you sure?  That article makes zero mention of the Sense Performance Analyzer.  It just talks about the change needed for Operations and LIcense.   I have used those steps in the past for the other monitoring applications, but not the Performance Analyzer. 

Most of the execution logic sheet is referencing QLogs.  In reviewing the version shipped with November 2021, I see it is still using the app last updated in June 2019.  My guess is at that time you could not bypass QLogs.

The article below from February of this year has   saying this app requires QLogs.

Solved: Why is Qlik Sense's System Performance Analyzer mo... - Qlik Community - 1782125

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

You're correct, the System Performance Analyzer does require Centralized Logging.  All other monitoring apps can be configured to load from archived logs. So I just checked internally and the Sense System Performance Analyzer has been deprecated.  There will be an entry about this made in the Help soon.

Best Regards

jeremyseipel

Are there plans for a replacement application?  I have a number of clients that find it to be a very useful application.