Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Sheet Actions Not Working

We are trying to set up an action on sheet to 'select values in a field' - the action should be that when the sheet is opened the current 'Month-Year' is selected from the MonthYear field - but it does not currently work.

We are using the formula Date(Today(),'MMM-YYYY') to find today's Month-Year, this returns the value 'Mar-2021', and we can see that we have a value of 'Mar-2021' in our MonthYear field. When we close the app and reopen, or just navigate away from the sheet and then back to it, the selection is not applied.

We have tried replacing the formula with a hard-coded text string  of 'Mar-2021' and this also does not work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue in SaaS?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

12 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I just tested and I am seeing the same behavior. An action works in my Qlik Sense Enterprise Windows site but not in my Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS tenant. 

Please create a support ticket for this. The wonderful thing about the Cloud is that when the issue is resolved it will be resolved and available very quickly. 

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @scottduthie 

You do not need to open a support case. This behavior is working as designed in Qlik Sense SaaS.

The Engine session will remain open for 30 minutes after you close the app, as long as the Engine session is open, the sheet actions will not get triggered. If you wait more than 30 minutes and open the app again, it should work.

I believe we have a knowledge base article on this matter, let me find the details and get back to you.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Thank you @Damien_Villaret I think the Knowledge base article would help us understand. 

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

I found the KB article, however it didn't mention the sheet actions. I will update it mentioning the sheet actions as  this is an information that we already have from Qlik R&D.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Qlik-Sense-SaaS-Unable-to-set-a-default-bookmark/ta-p/1...

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi @Damien_Villaret ,

The KB article makes perfect sense to me, but unfortunately our issue still persists. We have set up numerous tests and varying methods of creating the sheet action and it will not work. We are effectively trying to filter to a specific month when a sheet is opened. We have tried passing the value as an expression and also just tried with the plain text string like 'Mar-2021'. We have had all these tests in place for 24 hours - so the 30 min window is making no difference.

Is there something else we're missing? Can you only create actions on certain sheet types (like only base sheets for example) or only in certain space types or something?

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @scottduthie 

Can you provide details of how you have set the trigger (screenshots) and where the app is published (Managed space or Shared space) ?

Does it work fine with an app in your personal space with an action on a base sheet as you said ?

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

In the attached screenshot you can see the expression being used to derive the value that should be used to filter the field MonthYear in the sheet action.

In the text box you can see the expression resolves to 'Mar-2021'.

And in the filterpane we can see that this value exists in the field MonthYear.

This is being done in 'My Sheets', but when publishing to 'Public Sheets' it also does not work.

The app is published in a shared space.

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hi @scottduthie 

Couldn't that be that the date field is stored in "number" format in the data model ?

Did you try to do the same with the "button" object, this one should apply the selection every time you click on it, and not be impacted by the engine session duration.

If that doesn't help narrowing the issue down, could you provide a sample QVF file with dummy data demonstrating the issue ?

scottduthie
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

That's a good point @Damien_Villaret .

The field MonthYear is created using 'dual' in the script. Great idea on using the button object to validate - I actually can't get it to select 'Mar-2021' from the MonthYear field.

I have tried using the plain text string 'Mar-2021' as the value to be selected from the field, and using an expression Date(Today(),'MMM-YYYY') which resolves to 'Mar-2021', and neither will successfully select 'Mar-2021' from the MonthYear field. How would you go about doing this?